Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Watercolor Stamp Effects

 


You can created some beautiful backgrounds using a "watercolor" technique that I learned from Stacy Hutchinson's blog, @stacyhstamps on Instagram. Here's a link: http://tatterednestdesigns.com/the-reality-of-a-dreamer-a-watercoloring-technique/ .

The card above was inspired by @susanbcards with the center die cut out and raised. 

To make the background, I rubbed the new "prize ribbon" blue #distressoxide onto a craft mat and sprayed generously with water. Then I dipped #tim_holtz #stampersanonymous Floral Outline stamp and stamped it onto white cardstock. I did this several times and also dipped a butterfly stamp, which I ended up not liking so I cropped it out as much as possible.

My second card using this technique is below. I let it dry, and then used a brush and lots of water to spread the ink around and give it this very impressionistic look. Layered butterfly is #tim_holtz too.








No comments:

Post a Comment