Saturday, May 2, 2020

Layered Butterfly Sympathy Card

Butterflies are a symbol of resurrection or rebirth, and I especially like using them on a sympathy card.



The background was a watercolor from my stash of backgrounds, and I highlighted it with a little smooshing of Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn.

The butterfly was a die set that I just purchased, Darice butterfly parts, and I chose different shades of purple. The bottom layer I used the holes in the die to stencil some Distress Oxide Tattered Rose. The third layer I smooshed in some Picked Raspberry. I used a purple glitter gel pen to outline the body and antennae. I glued them only in the center so that the wings could be bent up for a 3-D look.

The tiny butterfly was die cut from the Lawn Fawn Meadow Border die set. I sponged the edges with more Picked Raspberry. The sentiment came from a sheet of Simon Says Sentiment Strips, and I edged that in Picked Raspberry as well.

To finish, I added purple rhinestones, layered on purple cardstock, and mounted on a white card base.



No comments:

Post a Comment