Thursday, April 30, 2020

Cheerful Daisies Mixed Media Card

Nothing says cheer up like a bouquet of cheerful daisies.



I recently purchased a third Tim Holtz Wildflowers dies, mainly because I wanted the daisy. I cut it three times and painted the flowers using watercolors. I put some light blue on the flower petals, and then thought it was too blue so drew some white lines with a white gel pen. The stems were smooshed with Distress Oxide Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn. It's hard to see, but there are a couple of stems of the pussy willow behind the daisies.

The background was one I had made using inks that I had laying around. I lightened it with a layer of gesso and then added texture paste through a stencil. I aged the texture spots by sponging with Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs.

To finish, I added green rhinestones and a double bow of twine, mounted on dark brown cardstock and then on a brown kraft card base. I'll add a sentiment when I send it.



No comments:

Post a Comment