Thursday, April 23, 2020

Cheery Yellow Flowers

Another use of a print of my mixed media background to create a bouquet that will be nice for a birthday or get-well card.



I had earlier created a mixed media background using Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feather, with Ranger Texture Paste connected circles stenciled in white and two other size circles, one open and one solid, stamped in white acrylic. I added some numbers stamped with black Ranger Archival Ink and some spots of shiny glitter glue.

On this one I cut some flowers using flower dies that I had in my stash. I colored them yellow by smooshing with Distress Oxide Mustard Seed & Wild Honey. I then lightened the petals a bit with a light coating of white acrylic and some clear glitter acrylic. I colored the centers with a marker and added white dots along the top and black along the bottom.

The stems are from the Tim Holtz Wildflowers set, lined with a green marker and filled in with Distress Oxide Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn.

I dipped the edges of the panel into Gathered Twigs, mounted it on a white card base, and embellished with gold-colored rhinestones and a bow of string.

No comments:

Post a Comment