Sunday, April 26, 2020

Dragonflies

Nothing says summer like a splash of water and some dragonflies!



Today's card was made in layers. I started with a watercolor background I had created in pink, orange and yellow, then smooshed it using Distress Oxides Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, and Abandoned Coral.

I made bubbles with a stencil using Tsukineko Delicata Champagne, then waves using a stencil and Ranger texture paste dyed with some turquoise ink I had. The waves were too bright so I toned them down with Tsukeneko Delicata White Shimmer.

Finally the dragonflies were die cut with layered dies I picked up somewhere and colored by smooshing with Distress Oxides in Salty Ocean and Broken China. I embellished with some turquoise sequins, layered some turquoise cardstock, stuck it on my card base and done. I'll add the sentiment when I send it.

No comments:

Post a Comment