Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Mixed Media Happy Birthday Hugs Card

Mixed media is always so interesting to me, and I just love when a card comes together and looks great!



A while back I learned about the credit card technique for making backgrounds, so I used a credit card with Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers. Note where they overlapped I got a nice purple color. For interest, I added white acrylic small circles with a stencil and larger open circles using the end of my finger sponge stamper. I added contrast with stamped black flowers in two sizes with my Ranger Archival Black ink.

I took a very pale background I had made with pink, blue and lavender watercolors and stamped all over it with a whole bunch of stamps from Scrapbook.com's Wordfetti. It's all cheerful words and sayings. I then cut my flower parts from that stamped background.

To make the flower stand out I traced around the outside with a black watercolor pencil and used a water brush to activate the color. The sentiment came from one of my sheets of Simon Says Sentiment Strips. I dipped the edges in purple ink, which kind of smeared, so I used the water brush to spread the color over the sentiment.

To finish I mounted the sentiment and the card panel on purple cardstock and put it all together on a white card base and stuck on some purple rhinestones.

Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment