Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Embossed Birthday Cards with Wildflowers

I've been sending out a lot of birthday cards lately, and it gave me a chance to test out a couple of newly-purchased embossing folders.




I started with white panels and I ran them through my Big Shot with the two new embossing folders. One I left white, but the other one didn't seem to show up quite enough so I used a sponge dauber to add a little Distress Oxide Wild Honey. Some of the ink got on the background, but I kind of liked it.

The wildflowers were cut from white cardstock with Tim Holtz Sizzix Wildflowers dies. I smooshed the wildflowers with Distress Oxide, using Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick on the pink one, and Wild Honey and Carved Pumpkin on the yellow/orange one.

I added bows to each and mounted on colored card bases. The insides were stamped with a birthday sentiment and rhinestones added before sending. And two friends were pleasantly surprised with my cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment