Sunday, April 19, 2020

Cards for the Nursing Home

My Woman's Club heard that the local nursing home residents were a little down. They can't have any visitors because of the pandemic, so a nurse asked for some cheerful cards for her patients.



These are some very quick and easy cards for the nursing home. The backgrounds are all embossed in various patterns, bricks, swirls, and cracks. One of the brick backgrounds had a little brown on it so I covered it up by smooshing the whole thing with Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs.

The flowers are from the Tim Holtz Flower Garden set with the matching Sizzix dies. I stamped in black and then in Versamark and clear heat embossed the images. I colored by smooshing with Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick & Abandoned Coral. I smooshed the leaves with Twisted Citron & Mowed Lawn. When I needed a couple of extra leaves, I cut them from green cardstock and used a marker to accent them.

I just glued them together, embellished with rhinestones, and stamped the inside, "Sending You Sunshine." And here I am with these cards plus some others from my stash, ready to send them off.



No comments:

Post a Comment