Saturday, April 25, 2020

Daisies

I just love big cheerful daisies, so I created this mixed media card to feature them.




I had earlier created a mixed media background using Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feather, with Ranger Texture Paste connected circles stenciled in white and two other size circles, one open and one solid, stamped in white acrylic. I added some numbers stamped with black Ranger Archival Ink and some spots of shiny glitter glue.

I loved the original background so much that I photographed it before using and printed it out on cardstock to use again. I cut the printed background to size and covered it with a thin layer of white gesso. I then drew my daisies in black marker and painted in the petals with a heavy layer of gesso. I used purple watercolor pencils activated with water to add the purple to the petals, and did the same with a yellow watercolor pencil for the centers. I then traced down the center of my wide black outline with a white gel pen. Layered the finished panel onto black and then onto a white card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment