Friday, April 17, 2020

Mixed Media "Believe" Card

I've been experimenting with mixed media using purchased materials, and I made this card as a sympathy card for a friend who lost her mother.



My background was smooshed with several Distress Oxide inks in blues, Salty Ocean, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass. I layered on a design with Ranger texture paste and when it dried sponged the raised areas with Tsukeneko Delicata White Shimmer.

I tore two pieces of glitter cardstock in blue and teal and layered them, adding various flowers I'd purchased in packages from the craft store. I used some thin blue string for texture and added stick-on pearls and rhinestones to the center of the flowers. The butterfly "believe" is a chipboard sticker from a stash that was given to me by a friend.

After dabbing the edges of the panel with navy blue ink, I mounted the panel on a white card base. A sympathy stamp inside and it's ready to send.


No comments:

Post a Comment