Monday, April 13, 2020

Missing You Mixed Media Flower

There is a young woman in our church with special needs. She is a great hugger, and the social distancing has been difficult for her. So I made her a special card.




The background was a pale pink, yellow & orange watercolor, with stenciled hearts and dots in Distress Oxide Pickled Raspberry and Wild Honey. I used Ranger Texture Paste to stencil some zebra-like lines and then stamped some navy blue small flowers to tie in with the blue of the central large flower.

I cut the petals and leaves and center for the flower and colored them by smooshing in Distress Oxide Broken China, Salty Ocean, and Peacock Feathers. I smudged the edges with darker ink, navy blue for the petals and pine green for the leaf.

After sticking it all together I spattered with white acrylic paint thinned with a little water. The sentiment came from a sheet of Simon Says Sentiment Stamps, and I dipped the edges in turquoise ink to smudge. Some aqua rhinestones added a little shine.

Finally, I mounted my panel on navy cardstock and then on a white card base. The inside sentiment proclaimed, "Miss You."


No comments:

Post a Comment