Tuesday, April 28, 2020

You Are Infinite Mixed Media Sailboat

Sometimes you have a background sitting around for days and you suddenly get inspired. That's what happened with my sailboat.



I had this watercolor background in blue and green sitting around for ages. Then the other day when I had some leftover turquoise texture paste that I used for my dragonfly card, I added some waves to the bottom.

Then that sat around for a couple of days. I kept looking at it and thinking of the ocean and finally had the inspiration for a boat. I first covered the whole background, paste and all, with a layer of gesso to tone it down a little bit. I splashed lots of white acrylic paint spatters all over it.

Then I cut my boat and mast from some brown kraft paper that I had run through a wood embossing folder. I added lines with some Distress Oxide in Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso. I cut the sails from a piece of pink dotted cardstock, gessoed to mute the colors. The little flag was the same paper but colored with a red marker.

The sentiment came from a Dina Wakely Media Collage Pack, and I scribbled around the outside with a green gel pen. I also added blue gel lines into the waves, and made my foam around the boat and the wake with a white gel pen.

Some aqua sequins finished it off, and I layered it on black and mounted on a white card base. Ta daaa!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment