Monday, April 27, 2020

Bluebird of Happiness Mixed Media Card

I just love birds! I might have mentioned this a few times. :) So I made this bird out of paper scraps.




I made the background out of a flowered paper napkin using Liquitex Matte Medium then covered it with a layer of gesso, adding extra gesso where the bird was going. I then stenciled two kinds of flowers with Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry and Wild Honey.

I drew the bird on a piece of cardstock and using a light also traced it on the back. I used the Matte Medium to stick small torn pieces of blue cardstock, some plain, some patterned, some watercolored. I cut the wing and smoosh colored it with Broken China and Peacock Feathers then stamped with happy happy from Scrapbook.com's Wordfetti. I also used that set for the "choose happy" sentiment stamped on the background.

Once I was happy with the bird I cut it out and stuck it on the card. I outlined it with black and drew the legs and the eye, and then used a green glitter gel pen to draw the branch. I outlined the card and the sentiment with a black glitter gel pen, added some rhinestones, and mounted the panel on a white card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment