Monday, April 20, 2020

Funky Flowers Equal Happy

Trying the torn paper effect to make these cute flowers.




I had earlier created a mixed media background using Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feather, with Ranger Texture Paste connected circles stenciled in white and two other size circles, one open and one solid, stamped in white acrylic. I added some numbers stamped with black Ranger Archival Ink and some spots of shiny glitter glue.

For my flowers I just tore circles from some random scraps of paper, black first and then some extra backgrounds I'd made with Distress Oxide smooshing and watercolors. Some of the paper was stamped with scrapbook.com's Wordfetti. I dipped the edges into Distress Oxide/water mix (Abandoned Coral, Broken China, and Salty Ocean) to make the edges a little more distinct.

I tore the leaves from green smooshed paper and dipped the edges in mowed lawn. They didn't pop enough for me, so I outlined them with a black charcoal pencil and used a water brush to smear it a little.

Finally, mounted my panel on black and then on a white card base.


No comments:

Post a Comment