Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Mixed Media Card Butterfly Faith

This card will be great when I need a sympathy card or if someone is going through a hard time.



The die cut butterfly is from the Sizzix starter kit that came with my Big Shot. I cut the butterfly three times from brown cardstock and layered them for more depth. I cut the plain butterfly underneath the brown one from the peach colored heart cardstock that also came with the Sizzix. I had the faith die, and I cut that three times and layered brown, white, brown, offsetting slightly for a shadow effect.

The background started with a pink & yellow pale watercolor and I spiced it up by smooshing Distress Oxides in Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick and Abandoned Coral. I used Ranger texture paste mixed with some brown ink I had, with a stencil for the wallpaper-like background. Added some orange rhinestones, dipped the edges in Gathered Twigs to distress, layered on brown cardstock and mounted on a pale yellow card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment