Saturday, April 18, 2020

Mixed Media Hugs for my Best Friend

This is the strangest story. I was making a card, and while working on it I kept thinking about my best friend Bunny, who lives in Connecticut. I decided to give it to her. While the card was drying, getting ready to be sent, who should call my but Bunny! We've always been connected, and this proves it!



This is a mixed media background I made to use with several cards. I used Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feather, with Ranger Texture Paste connected circles stenciled in white and two other size circles, one open and one solid, stamped in white acrylic paint. I added some numbers stamped with black Ranger Archival Ink and some spots of shiny glitter glue.

I decorated it with several kinds of flowers from the craft store, a leaf and a small tag that was in a package of embellishments. Glitter glue on the leaves and flowers plus several clear rhinestones added shine. The sentiment came from a sheet of Simon Says Sentiment Stamps.

Finally I mounted it on black cardstock and then on a white card base.

Bunny and I had a nice talk that day and I mailed the card to her. She said it was nice and shiny, just like us. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment