Monday, January 10, 2022

Wildflower Stonewalls


I needed some birthday cards, and I wasn't quite sure what to do. So I started with a printout of my church deed dated 1858, lovely old script from the deed book. I had scanned the page and then messed with it in photoshop to get the print to a kind of sepia tone. I printed it on ivory cardstock, then used some distress spray inks in greens, golds & oranges.


I cut some Sizzix Tim Holtz wildflowers from some orange paper that I'd sprayed with brown and orange spray stain and topped with coppery distress mica spray. Also cut some leaves from green paper I'd sprayed similarly. 

My backgrounds needed more, so I used the Tim Holtz stone wall stencil and some crackle paste. I put stonewall on each side and left a blank space in the middle for the flower stems.


When it dried I dabbed it with hickory smoke distress oxide ink to make it gray.


The stones didn't stand out enough, so I colored the spaces between with a gray marker.


I thought the flowers alone weren't quite enough so I picked some acetate wings from my Tim Holtz transparent wings package.


I laid out 2 flowers and a leaf branch on each one, moving them around until I was satisfied, then glued.


I dabbed around the edges of each panel with black soot distress oxide, using a sponge dauber.


Then glued them onto white card bases and added birthday sentiments printed in white on black using a laser printer.


I thought this would be the finished card, but I felt like something was missing. I had just gotten my Impresslits "medallion" embossing die, so I cut some medallions from gold colored Tim Holtz metallic cardstock.


Once I glued the medallions on, I was happy! Here are photos of each individual card.





 






No comments:

Post a Comment